Tuesday, May 28, 2013

F Yeah! Flavorful Grass Fed Fulfillment

Between XA’s lunch out and the A+ salad I ate, my visit to Grass Fed was an alphabet of fun. #XAdoesLunch the right way.
The Experiential Agency (a.k.a. XA) recently took me to Grass Fed, a shabby chic steak restaurant tucked behind a pristine white storefront in Bucktown. Before arriving, I recalled it’s awarded title (amongst others) as one of Michigan Ave Magazine’s “10 Top Chicago Steakhouses” and had high expectations.

After walking into this living, breathing Pinterest board, I began to suspect if the food would live up to the hype just as much. One bite in and yep: The proof was in the puddin’. Okay, we had the Burger and Asparagus Salad but you know what I MmMmMean.

I was fortunate to celebrate National Burger Day with Grass Fed’s sophistication 
and scrumptiousness 
BUT
the cup of coffee to finalize the date, a Passion House Pour-over, made me feel more like Lady Luck her own damn self. 

I’ll C you here soon because I know you’re B lining it to that white picket fence-worthy patio already... I don’t blame U.


 XOJP 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't yet had the pleasure to visit Chicago. I have however, had the luxury of having multiple layovers there. Chicago's airport is no stranger to this So Cal girl...

    Jess, I know you said you liked the food, but I must know (for when I do visit) would you recommend it to tourist/visitors as a "must hit" eatery for steak? If so, what is the price point?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl!
    Great to hear from you.
    Grass Fed wasn't named one of Michigan Ave Magazine’s “10 Top Chicago Steakhouses” for nothing, that's for sure. (It was also named one of the "20 Must-Try Burgers in Chicago" from Red Eye!)
    There is n.o.t.h.i.n.g. like a juicy (grass-fed, of course) burger or steak here. This "must hit" is as delectable as it is romantic. Your taste buds will swoon as much as your heart goes a-flutter dining under the dangling lanterns.
    Check out the $25 prix-fixe menu that the explanation "worthwhile" just plain old: sells short.
    Pure genuine yum.

    Do let me know what you order when you are Eastward bound, Cali girl!
    XOJP

    ReplyDelete